SentrySafe SFW123DSB 1.23 Cubic Feet Combination Fire-Safe Review
You can never be too sure when it comes to important documents and other valuables. A safe is a crucial thing to own, because it is portable and tough, keeping your valuables secure from the elements, especially water and fire. The SentrySafe sfw123dsb is a shining example of excellence in this regard. Ideal for use in hotels, homes, and courier vehicles, security either inside a living/working space or in transit has taken a turn for the better. These safes are also perfect for gun storage (if you have a license for them), needless to mention jewels, files, cash, digital media, and more.
Best Features On The SentrySafe sfw123dsb
One of the most welcome features on this safe is that it is rather spacious for dimensions 19.3 x 16.3 x 17.8 inches. Let’s check out what else the SentrySafe is packing.
- There are two varieties on the market: electronic lock (digital key password) & combo lock (manual/mechanical ‘number roll’ password)
- You have 24/7 water resistance up to 8 inches depth (ETL verified)
- You have 1 hour fire shielding for USBs, memory sticks, CDs and DVDs (ETL verified); no heat damage
- In that hour, this Sentry Safe model can withstand 1700 Fahrenheit (927 Celsius) heat intensity (UL Classified)
- Traditional safes come with smaller bolts but the sfw123dsb has four 60% larger 1” bolts. You can bolt the ensemble down so the safe will not easily be dislodged
- It will be near impossible for someone to force their way through this SentrySafe. It comes with a hinge bar that is pry-resistant
- If you are storing small items that can be misplaced or lost easily, the inside of the sfw123dsb contains door pockets, door trays, and key racks
- Weighing a total of 101 pounds, this is one of the most reliable safes on the block.
The locks offer outstanding tactile and audible feedback, making locking/unlocking a breeze not a chore. The interior shelves are fully adjustable, making storage simple and quick, not to mention customizable to your organizational preferences.
Benefits Of Using This Product
Even safes need safety in the form of warranty, and the SentrySafe carries an admirable manufacturer warranty (limited) from date of purchase. Is that all the benefits?
- Spacious; holds several different items and valuables in a neat interior spread
- Amazing value for money. You are getting so much more for so much less. The cost of a safe like sfw123dsb should, technically.
- Steel goes into the safe’s overall design, with pry- and theft-proofing, not to forget enviable water- and fire-resistance
- Certifications and quality confirm the safe’s all-round excellence
- Accessories come with your purchase, making usage and bolting simple
- The design is, to put it directly, sexy. It stands out in your office or home, adding to the decor around it
- Long-term use. The safe will last you several decades
- Gun safety is optimal with this safe. Keeps the weapons away from everyone else but you, who are licensed and steady enough to handle them (presuming J). Storage can hold small to medium-sized firearms.
Since we are on the topic of advantages, it is only fair to state some downsides for the SentrySafe.
- It is water-proof, absolutely. However, damp is a whole other element that this safe cannot handle. You are looking at potential damp or frost damage; that’s if you live in a region prone to extreme humid or cold weather
- Not as portable as it seems; 101 pounds is far too heavy to shift in an emergency
Let’s review the ups and downs…
Pros and cons
- Tactile and audible feedback for the combination lock dial pad; superior to conventional locks
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) & Edison Testing Laboratories (ETL) certifications
- Reasonable fire and water protection
- Drop tests (from 15 feet) have confirmed excellent design reliability
- Live-locking steel bolts; bigger than other safes and better
- High pry- and theft-resistance quotient
- Limited manufacturer warranty
- Spacious interior
- Adjustable inside shelving with smart spaces for small or tiny items
- Ideal for gun storage
- Perfect for digital media storage
- Sundry documents and paperwork storage is obviously J possible
- Excellent steel make up
- Aesthetic look
- Long-term usage and user-friendliness
- Not portable in an emergency
- Prone to dents and marks, if abused. In that event, will require polishing and re-working from manufacturer
- Not frost-proof
- Not damp-proof
Why You Need The SentrySafe SFW123DSB 1.23 Cubic Feet Combination Fire-Safe
With increasing demand for high security options in offices, residences, and even vehicles carrying valuables between locations, a safe cannot merely be good it has to be great; and go beyond expectations. Granted, the sfw123dsb has its shortcomings but its advantages far outweigh them.
The cost is what shocked us. Such safes are, according to current market standards, supposed to be quite villainous on the wallet. However, this model from SentrySafe brings outstanding value for money.
Another reason we adore the sfw123dsb is because of how thoughtful SentrySafe has been, designing a security system that takes the average user into consideration. From customizable interiors (neat and elegant) to a tough design, the safe also has a diverse storage capability.
Locking Down – Conclusion
With the SentrySafe sfw123dsb, you have the best of several worlds from the security realm. Though it is user-friendly, it is best to use the safe according to the instructions; at least until you get the hang of things. From an exquisite look and reliable design to superb interior features and a reliable lock system, the incredibly versatile sfw123dsb will serve you well for decades to come.